HOW TO MAKE A MASALA TACO
- 1 jar of Masala Mama’s VINDALOO sauce or TIKKA MASALA sauce
- 1 lb roasted sweet potatoes (cubed) for Vindaloo, or 1½ lb grilled chicken (shredded) or 1 lb paneer (cubed) for Tikka Masala
- Pickled sliced onions, or any other pickle of your choice
- Anything crunchy and savory, such as boondi, crushed chips etc.
- Yogurt raita (see below)
- (Optional) Cilantro and sliced green chili
MAKE A QUICK YOGURT RAITA: Take 1 small red onion (diced), 1 Persian cucumber (diced), 1 small bunch fresh cilantro (chopped), and 1 cup plain Greek yogurt. Add a pinch of salt and sugar and mix well. TIP: Vegans can omit the yogurt and instead add vegan mayo/yogurt/sour cream.
MAKE THE FILLING: For a Tikka Masala taco, sear the chicken or paneer in 2 tbsp oil, add the sauce and (optionally) ¼ cup cream or coconut milk, and simmer for a few minutes till cooked through. For a Vindaloo taco, mix sweet potatoes or chickpeas with sauce and heat (don’t add water).
ASSEMBLE YOUR TACO: Heat a tortilla on a skillet/pan for less than a minute, (optionally) spraying a little oil on it to soften it. Spoon some of the filling on the tortilla. Add a dollop of raita. Top with pickled onions, cilantro and green chili (if using) and something crunchy.