Tangy Lentil Sprout Salad
- 2 cups moong and modh sprouts, combined
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, diced
- ¼ - ½ red onion, diced (1/4 cup)
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (1/4 cup)
- ½ -1 lime or lemon, juiced
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped or a pinch of red chilli powder
- Sea salt to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Adjust salt and citrus. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled.
It is very easy to grow sporuts at home. Though sometimes I do buy an assortment of sprouts at my food coop.
Moong dal is a whole green lentil that is easily available. Modh is a whole brown lentil (smaller in size than Moong but similar in shape) that I only find at Indian stores. You can play around and use just moong or a combination of other lentils.
Check out this tutorial on how to grow your own sprouts!