instant pot Chicken Sweet Potato Coconut Curry
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons ghee, butter or oil
1 jar Masala Mama Coconut Curry Simmer Sauce
1 cup coconut cream (unsweetened)
Salt and pepper to taste
Cilantro for garnish
1. Add ghee to Instant Pot and select Sauté setting. Once the ghee is hot, add the chicken thighs, sweet potato and onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to ensure even cooking.
2. Cancel the sauté function and add Coconut Curry Simmer Sauce and coconut cream to the pot. Stir well. Lock the Instant Pot lid in place and move the steam release valve to Sealing. Select Manual/Pressure Cook and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
3. When cooking is complete, turn the Instant Pot off and allow steam to release naturally for 5 minutes before carefully turning the valve to Vent.
4. Remove the Instant Pot lid and stir the contents well, adjusting seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve chicken and sweet potato curry over Basmati rice and garnish with cilantro.