classic pork vindaloo
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
1½ lbs Pork butt or shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1 ½-inch cubes
1 jar Masala Mama Vindaloo Simmer Sauce
¼ - ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a medium-sized Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add the cubed pork and sear on all sides.
3. Add the Vindaloo sauce and mix well. Optional: If you like your Vindaloo very hot add ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, or if you like it ultra hot add ½ tsp. Mix well into the sauce.
4. Cover and place in the oven. Braise for 1 hour. Remove from oven, and give it a good stir. If too dry, add 1-2 tbsp of water. Return to oven and braise until meat is completely fork tender, about 1 more hour. This dish has a nice thick gravy.
5. Skim off any visible fat. Taste and adjust salt. Serve hot with Mama’s Perfect Basmati Rice or naan, or grilled ciabata bread or Goan pão.
6. This dish often tastes even nicer the next day!